So ever since Shane bought me the waffle maker for my birthday last year I’ve been dying to make some! The first attempt on my actual birthday was just a disaster and we didnt end up eating them. Turns out we were putting the mixture in the machine at the wrong time so they werent being cooked properly haha! So anyway, I found this recipe from Jamie Oliver but he actually cooked his in a griddle pan instead of a waffle maker for all of those that don’t actually own one so you can still make them! :) This made about 4 large rectangular waffles.
150-200ml milk (150 wasnt enough for me as the mix was like a paste so I ended up with about 200)
1/4 teaspoon salt
115g self raising flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
50g unsalted butter (melted)
4 teaspoons cinnamon (or more depending on how strong you want them)
1. Whisk the egg and milk in a large bowl.
2. Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder into the bowl and stir with the whisk until it makes a smooth batter.
3. Add in the melted butter and stir (then add in the cinnamon if using)
4. Leave the mixture to sit for around 20-30 minutes preferably.
5. Heat up your waffle maker (or griddle pan) and when heated, brush with a little butter then pour in the mixture.
6. Cook the waffles for around 5 minutes or until golden (if you’re using a griddle pan you may have to cook them for a bit longer, and flip them over halfway through).
7. Serve warm. I had mine with a few slices of bananas and a good drizzle of golden syrup! :)