This is definitely one of my all time favourite recipes. I’ve always loved this flavour pasta and then I came across the most perfect recipe from the Pioneer Woman, so I thought I would share it here too. Me and Shane are complete pasta addicts and this is just the best go-to pasta for when you can’t really be bothered to cook something (it’s so quick) but you still want something that tastes amazing. Hope you enjoy!
250g pasta Bows
4/5 strips smoked streaky bacon
100ml white wine
150ml double cream
50g armesan cheese, grated
1. Put a large pan of boiling water on. Once boiled, add the pasta bows and leave to simmer until cooked (I find that they are done perfectly by the time I have finished the rest of the dinner).
2. Once the pasta has been added to the water, heat a large pan and add some olive oil. Cut the bacon into small strips and fry for a few minutes till nice and golden.
3. While the bacon is cooking, slice the leeks into thin strips then add to the pan with the bacon once browned. Cook for a few minutes till softened.
4. Once the leeks are soft, add a nob of butter to the pan and mix in well. Leave for a few minutes then add the wine to the pan. Let the wine reduce down till there is almost nothing left then stir in the cream.
5. Once the cream has heated through, turn off the heat and grate in the parmesan. Mix well then serve immediately.
*This makes enough for around 3-4 people so we usually just put the leftovers in the fridge and eat them the next day for lunch. You can refresh the sauce a little by adding in a splash of milk before reheating.